Canyoning on Rio Battiferro – Monte Forato
- 6 hours s
This wonderful activity is suitable for everyone, both families and groups of friends, the aim is to have fun…
A unique adventure of its kind, we are sure we will do a great job and live up to your expectations.
6 hours s
5 - 20
Difficulty: “EE” medium easy Difference in height: 750 m Time required: 6/7 hours with a circular route
- What to bring: hiking boots and clothing, water bottle (1 litre), packed lunch, K-way for the rain, headlamp for those in possession.
- What to bring: for canyoning: sneakers or hiking shoes for walking in the water, a towel, a spare swimming costume or underwear
9,00 am - ADVENTURE DAY
- Meeting at 8.30
- After the usual paperwork and a short briefing we will be ready by 9.00 am to start this unforgettable day of adventure.
- Climbing up the course of the “Turrite di Petrosciana” we arrive after a short while, near the “Tana che urla” ( the screaming den ) the cave of Vallisneri.
There is the optional possibility of entering the cave. After a short stretch of a somewhat narrow tunnel, we enter the first atrium to admire the colors and beauty of the stalactites and stalagmites and, for a moment, to experience the deepest darkness.
- Continuing on, we come across the ruins of an ancient hospital, the so-called “Chiesaccia”.
Between legend and truth, this is the most mysterious and disturbing place in the whole of Garfagnana.
Among chestnut and beech woods and Celtic huts and walking along the ridge, among partisan trenches with a view of the sea, we will reach this natural arch; one of the most beautiful and visited sites in the Apuan Alps.
- We will stop for lunch.
- We resume our descent to arrive at our headquarters in Fornovolasco around 15.30 to continue canyoning. We will put on our neoprene suits and between dives and slides we will descend the fresh and clear waters of the Rio Battiferro. This wonderful activity is suitable for everyone, both families and groups of friends. We provide all the necessary equipment (wet-suit, helmet, gloves and shoes). Participants only need to bring sneakers or hiking shoes for walking in the water, a towel, a spare swimming costume or underwear and a lot of enthusiasm.
- We don’t set schedules, the aim is to have fun… a unique adventure of its kind, we are sure we will do a great job and live up to your expectations.
- The day will end here. but…. for those who wish to do so, we can end the day with an excellent dinner in a typical restaurant.
No Review Available