Marsala Winery Tour & Favignana
- 5 days s
Hotel & Rental Car Package – 4 nights
5 days s
- 4 nights on BB basis in standard room in 4* hotel in Marsala
- Wine tasting in Marsala (3 glasses of wine, bread with local oil)
- Category C car rental and “GOLD insurance” included
- City taxes (must to be paid on spot)
- Lunches and all the drinks at meals
- Ticket ferry to Favignana r/t
- Porterages and personal expenses
- Anything not expressly indicated in “the rate includes”
Day 1 - ARRIVAL IN AIRPORT (OVERNIGHT IN MARSALA)
Arrival in Palermo/Trapani airport. After picking up the rental car drive to Palermo to explore the city on your own. Drive to Marsala.
Overnight in hotel.
Suggested itinerary Today you we suggest you to visit Palermo. You begin with the Teatro Massimo, the third biggest opera theatre in Europe.
Then you enter the popular market “Il Capo”, that looks like an African souk; at the end of the visit of the market you will taste in a bar the
typical Sicilian “Arancina”, a speciality of the local street food. You will continue the visit in the old part of the city with the Cathedral, the
Royal Palace and the Palatine Chapel. Proceed to Monreale, famous because of its Cathedral with polychrome mosaics on a golden
background, representing scenes of the Old and the New Testament. You will end the visit with the cloister. You can opt to follow this
itinerary on the last day of the tour before the departure.
Day 2 - AGRIGENTO (OVERNIGHT IN MARSALA)
Breakfast in hotel. We suggest you to visit Agrigento.
Suggested itinerary: Drive to Agrigento where you can visit the Temples’ Valley, including the Temple of Juno, the Temple of Concorde (one of
the best preserved Doric temples in the whole Greek world), the Temple of Hercules, the Temple of Castor and Pollux. Drive back to Marsala.
Overnight in Palermo
Day 3 - MARSALA STAGNONE, ERICE and SEGESTA (OVERNIGHT IN MARSALA)
Breakfast in the hotel. This day we suggest you to visit Marsala Stagnone, Erice and Segesta.
Suggested itinerary: Drive to Marsala, famous because of the salt works and the production of wine. Stop in The Riserva dello Stagnone a
magical place, with a striking natural landscape of rare beauty for its white salt pans with windmills. Continue driving to to Erice, the medieval
town on the summit of Monte San Giuliano. Here you can admire the Norman Castle (exterior) and the Cathedral. In the meantime we suggest
you to have a stop at a bakery to taste the typical almond pastry of Erice. Drive to Segesta, one of the most beautiful archeological sites of
Sicily, where you should visit the Doric temple whose majestic appearance and dominating position bestows great nobility to the landscape.
Return to Marsala. Overnight in Marsala.
Day 4 - FAVIGNANA (OVERNIGHT IN MARSALA)
Breakfast in the hotel. This day we suggest you to visit the Island of Favignana.
Suggested itinerary: Drive to Trapani/Marsala port and departure by boat to Favignana, with its butterfly shape, it is a fantastic destination for
beach lovers and diving enthusiasts. Climb aboard the adorable Egadilandia, a tourist train that goes around the many coastal roads and
streets of the island. Do not miss the former Stabilimento Florio (a canned tuna factory that has become a museum), the hard walk up the hill
will lead to the ruins of the Castle of Santa Caterina and the suggestive Grotto of lovers. Return to the hotel. Ovenight.
Day 5 - DEPARTURE
Breakfast in the hotel. Check out at 10:00. Drive to Palermo airport, release of the car and end of our services. Grazie e arrivederci!
• Each rental day is a fraction of 24 hours, the vehicle must be
returned on time or within the next 59 minutes.
• The pick-up and drop-off of the car at the airport will be during the
opening hours of the company Noleggiare (Everyday from 08:00 to
22:30); after these hours the rental company will charge an extra
fee. Please inquire before booking your flight.
• On request possibility to have a Pre/post tour
• Upgrading for the car rental category on request
4*selected hotels or similar:
• Marsala: Hotel Baglio Basile or similar (*)
(*) The hotels indicated may be replaced with others of the same
category. Accommodations are located in the indicated towns or
in a different cities where will be possible to realize the program
• Cancellations up to 15 days before departure with full refund.
• Cancellations from 14 to 8 days before departure, penalty of
• Cancellations from 7 to 4 days before departure, penalty of 50%
• In case of cancellation within 3 days before departure, penalty
• There will be no refund for no shows or voluntary interruption
of an already started trip
No Review Available