Palermo – An example of cohesion among cultures
- 5 days s
In five days we will step into the heart of the capital city of Sicily: a city where the Byzantine, Arab, Jewish, Norman and Aragonese cultures have mixed for centuries, respecting and enhancing each other. The tours are designed with private guide and luxury car with driver, but we are always available to CUSTOMIZE EVERY DETAIL FOLLOWING CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS.
PALERMO, a hymn to hospitality, a wonderful city thanks to a cultural mix that over the centuries has enriched the corners of the city of precious unique monuments. The Jewish ghetto, the Norman gems, the culinary markets, the craft traditions, we will explore every aspect of Palermo’s beauty.
5 days s
ELEMENTS OF INTEREST INCLUDED IN THE TOUR: 1) Art cities; 2) Special Exclusive accesses; 3) Culinary Experiences; 4) Wine Tastings; 5) Artisan World and Local Traditions.
- Bed & Breakfast accommodation in double Superior or De Luxe rooms in 4 star hotels or superior
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Transport to all destinations by private luxury minivan
- Entrance tickets for main touristic attractions, when specified in the program
- Activities included in the program
- Professional private English speaking guides (other languages will be quoted on demand)
- Medical and luggage insurance
- Flights and airport taxes
- Flight cancellation insurance
- All meals and snacks are not included (glatt kosher meals can be provided on request and will be quoted separately)
- Tickets to be paid on the spot
- Taxi transfers for activities within the same city
- Tourist taxes (by law in Italy every town/city can charge at its discretion a local tax ranging between about € 1.50 to € 2.50 per person per day to be paid at the hotel at check out)
- Any personal expenses
- Additional “Itineraries” and “Activities” available at extra cost
- Anything not included in the package
Day 1 - ARRIVAL AT PALERMO AIRPORT – PALERMO MIX OF JEWISH, ARAB AND NORMAN CULTURES
Arrival of clients at Palermo airport, transfer by private car to hotel in Palermo. We will meet our guide to visit the main monuments of the city, starting with those of the ancient Jewish ghetto, where street signs are in Italian, Hebrew and Arabic to indicate the cohesion between the different cultures. We will then admire the main Arab and Norman gems of the city, such as the Palatine Chapel (tickets included), an unparalleled example of synthesis of different styles, San Cataldo, Santa Maria dell'Ammiraglio, San Giovanni degli Eremiti, the Pretoria Fountain, the Quattro Canti and the Cathedral with the exciting tombs of the Norman rulers. At the end of the walking tour, return to the hotel. Night in Palermo.
Day 2 - LOCAL MARKETS – PALERMO’S CRAFTSMEN: MAJOLICA AND MORE…
The day will begin with a picturesque guided walk through the city's main markets: Ballarò, Vucciria and Capo represent the heart of Palermo, a mix of colors, smells and sounds that perfectly embody the soul of Palermo. A memorable experience that will make us discover the delights of local street food, from arancine, to stigghiole, the sandwich "ca meusa" and bread and panelle (not included in the price). Next we will focus on the excellence of craftsmanship as the precious majolica: we will open for you a house museum completely covered with historical majolica dating back up to four centuries ago, a unique show. More artisans will be unveiled on the way, but we wish to surprise you on which ones… Return to the hotel and second night in Palermo.
Day 3 - COOKING CLASS – ORATORIES OF WONDERS
On this day we will explore how the city's historical mixture of cultures has also influenced the local cuisine. In our cooking class (shared lessons) an expert chef will help us to deeply learn about the culinary world of Palermo and at the end of the lesson we will enjoy the tasty meal that we self- prepared. After lunch, our guide will accompany us to discover the Oratories of Wonders, monuments that aren’t still so popular in the city, but that will leave you speechless. A triumph of Baroque art, white stucco, playful “putti” and curious stories about how they were created; the guide's words will enlighten you on this peculiar world of Palermo. Return to the hotel and third night in Palermo.
Day 4 - MONREALE – WINE TASTING AND LUNCH IN THE VINEYARDS
With a private car with driver we will visit with our guide one of the most incredible monuments around Palermo: the cathedral of Monreale. A spectacular example of Norman art, covered in mosaics thousands of years old, it is a must-see in a trip to Palermo. Another masterpiece is the cloister, attached to the cathedral. We will say goodbye to our guide and we will drive to a local winery where we will taste fine wines of Palermo area, and then relax with a typical lunch in the winery, sheltered from the sun. Afterwards return to hotel in Palermo and free afternoon. Fourth night in Palermo.
Day 5 - DEPARTURE
Check out from the hotel in Palermo and departure.
Cancellation penalty for Trips which include CRUISES
- up to 120 days before departure: 30% of the participation fee
- from 119 to 90 days before departure: 50% of the participation fee
- from 89 days before departure: 100% of the participation fee
Travel cancellation penalty
- up to 30 days before departure: 10% of the participation fee
- from 29 to 20 days before departure: 25% of the participation fee
- from 19 to 7 days before departure: 50% of the participation fee
- beyond this deadline: 100% of the participation fee
No Review Available