Rome, Amalfi Coast & Taormina
- 10 day s
9 nights – Monday Arrivals
10 day s
- Group Transfer from Rome Fiumicino airport to the hotel. For transfers arriving from the airport/train station, a maximum waiting time of 40 minutes (airport) and of 20 minutes (train station) will be observed by the driver
- 3 nights on B&B basis in 4 stars hotel in Rome
- 3 nights on HB basis in 4 stars hotel in Sorrento area
- 3 nights on HB basis in 4 stars hotel in Taormina area
- 1 excursion “Vatican Museum” with multilingual local speaking guide - entrance ticket included (is available from Monday to Saturday – Closing date: All Sunday - 19 March / 10 April / 1 May/29 June/15 August) (*)
- 1 excursion “Pompeii”
- 1 excursion “Positano & Amalfi”
- 2 excursions “Etna” and “Syracuse” by traditional or open bus
- Multilingual local speaking guide (English, german and Spanish language)
- Tour leader or multilingual pre-recorded commentary
- Transfer from hotel in Rome to Rome train station
- Train from Rome to Naples
- Transfer from Naples train station to Sorrento
- Transfer from Sorrento to Naples train station
- Train from Naples to Taormina
- Transfer from Taormina train station to hotel in Taormina area
- Transfer from hotel in Taormina are to Catania airport
- (*) For organisational reasons and/or possible closures, the order of the visits may be changed, always respecting what is indicated in the program
- Tips and extras of a personal nature
- Porterage service
- City tax to be paid on spot
- Entrance to monuments and archaeological parks
- Anything not expressly indicated in "the rate includes”
- Optional transfers
- Optional excursions
Day 1 - ROME (OVERNIGHT IN ROME)
Arrive at Rome airport/rail station. Group transfer to the hotel in Rome. Overnight in hotel.
Day 2 - VATICAN MUSEUM* (INCLUDED) afternoon COLOSSEUM, ROMAN FORUM & PALATINE HILL (OPTIONAL) (OVERNIGHT IN ROME)
Breakfast in hotel. This day you will explore the Vatican Museum and St. Peter’s Basilica. Enjoy a tour with an expert guide skip the line with a
fast entry ticket to the Vatican Complex After meeting your professional guide at our meeting point, you’ll be given a headset and you’ll reach
the Vatican Museum’s entrance, in a group of no more than 25 people. You’ll tour the gallery, visiting all those main spots you’ve heard about
like the Gallery of Maps, the Gallery of Tapestries, the Borgia Apartments. The guide will tell you everything about the Raphael Rooms and
their exceptional frescoes, including The School of Athens, and will bring you to the Sistine Chapel, whose ceiling is one of the cornerstone
works of High Renaissance art. The tour couldn’t be complete without a visit to St. Peter’s, the Basilica that isn’t only the largest church in the
world, but that contains several pieces of fine art: think the canopy designed by Gian Lorenzo Bernini or the Pietà by Michelangelo. And to top
it off, gaze the majestic St. Peter’s Square, the open space which lies before the Basilica, redesigned by Gian Lorenzo Bernini and being itself an
architectural masterpiece of the Baroque age. Optional transfer to the hotel and overnight in Rome.
Optional Excursion: COLOSSEUM, ROMAN FORUM & PALATINE HILL. Come at our designated meeting point will have a meeting with the
guide, get you earphones, and let you access the Colosseum skipping the long line. You’ll walk inside the Flavian Amphitheater, seeing the
places where the Ancient Romans used to watch a variety of events, such as gladiatorial shows or staged animal hunts, and you’ll learn more
about the way Romans used to enjoy their leisure time. On around the Palatine Hill, the place where Rome was founded and where Roman
emperors used to live: the view is spectacular from here! You’ll also reach the Roman Forum, the pulsating heart of ancient Roman life, to see
some very well preserved ruins of that time: End of the excursion, optional transfer to the hotel and overnight.
Day 3 - PANORAMIC TICKET & THE BEST WALKING TOURS OF ROME! (OPTIONAL) (OVERNIGHT IN ROME)
Breakfast in hotel. This day you can explore the city to visit the highlights of the monuments symbol of Rome and it is a fascinating view with a
panoramic tour. Optional transfers and overnight.
Optional excursion: “PANORAMIC TICKET & THE BEST WALKING TOURS OF ROME!”. “I Love Rome City Tour” is a tour combine bus with one
walking tour! Jump on board in the stop that you choose and relax on board, listen to the audio commentary and get on and off at any of the
eight stops available along the route. The bus ticket included in the deal will be valid for 24 hours. The bus will make eight stops and will
provide you with an on-board audio commentary in 13 languages. The combination with one of the four available walking tours we offer
makes it the ideal way to pass through much of the city centre in a day. A guide will be waiting for you at the meeting point, which will be
located next to the indicated stop of our pink buses, to show you some stunning corners of the city. What will you pick? You may choose
between a walk through the alleys of the romantic Trastevere area, or the Ghetto, both filled with history and culture. Do ghost stories
fascinate you more? Then you may pick our amazing Ghosts and Mysteries Tour or perhaps the Velabro Valley Tour, to get to know more
about the city foundation and its legends. We offer incredible itineraries that include some must-see attractions, such as Castel Sant’Angelo,
Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Piazza della Minerva, Piazza Bocca della Verità, the Arch of Janus, the church of San Giorgio in Velabro, the
Fontana della Tartarughe, Portico di Ottavia, the Tiber Island, Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere and so many more! You are free to come
back in hotel when you wish. Optional transfers and overnight.
Day 4 - TRAIN TO NAPLES - POMPEII (INCLUDED) (OVERNIGHT IN SORRENTO AREA)
Breakfast in hotel. Transfer to the train station and departure to Naples by train. Transfer to Sorrento and stop to Pompeii to visit the
Archeological site. After the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD, Pompeii lay buried and forgotten for centuries under the lava. The excavations,
which already begun in 18th century, still go on today. You can walk through some of the ancient streets, where you can see baths, forums
and villas which were built by wealthy Romans in 80 BC. It is nearly unbelievable how good the fabulous frescoes that adorn the walls and
floors of the villas have been preserved. Continuation to the hotel. Overnight in Sorrento area.
Day 5 - POSITANO & AMALFI (INCLUDED) (OVERNIGHT IN SORRENTO AREA)
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you are free to relax and explore the city on your own or you can opt to spend your day in the Amalfi coast,
one of the most spectacular coastlines of Europe. Pick-up in hotel by Mini van and enjoy the Amalfi Coast drive which is arguably the world's
most beautiful and thrilling sightseeing road. Your English or German speaking driver, along the journey, will give you general information
including how to spend your free time for each of the 3 stops programmed:
Positano is a true paradise, developed vertically within a tangled overlay of streets, alleys and shops that expose the colorful Positano
fashions well-known all around the world. In the town center is the Parish Church of Santa Maria Assunta that shows up with its large dome,
tiled in majolica and sheltering some precious works like polychrome marble altars.
It’s nice to get lost in Positano… To fully embrace the beauty of the town it’s probably better to walk without a precise destination; You will
be able to enjoy the streets, the little shops, the restaurants, the monuments, the churches, the beaches.
Amalfi, a picturesque interlacing of alleys and stairways overlooks the sea with all its extraordinary colors reflecting the enchanting
landscape of Amalfi, the town whose name blesses the entire coast. Dominated by the majestic Cathedral dedicated to Sant'Andrea (St.
Andrew), Amalfi proffers innumerable testimonies of its glorious past as a Maritime Republic.
Ravello, another pearl of the coast, an elegant and refined village, dipped in green and characterized by luxurious villas. Ravello is famous all
around the world for its Festival, in the garden of Villa Rufolo, where an evocative setting and the emotion of listening to great music create
an experience of extraordinary intensity. The heart of Ravello is represented by Piazza Vescovado, framed by the architecture of Palazzo
Rufolo and the Cathedral with its magnificent portal (the first ever made with this innovative mould technique) and 10-feet-high bell tower.
Dinner and Overnight
Day 6 - CAPRI (OPTIONAL) (OVERNIGHT IN SORRENTO AREA)
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you will enjoy a full day excursion in Capri. No holiday here in Sorrento would be complete without a trip to
the evocative Island of Capri. Sail across the Bay of Naples for the start of an unforgettable day. For so small an Island, about 4 miles long and
2 miles wide, Capri has had much said, sung and written about her. Pick-up from hotel, transfer to the port and departure to Capri, sailing
along the Sorrento Coast. On board of our comfortable boat we offer you an unforgettable and personalized trip discovering the beautiful
island of Capri. Your English or German speaking Captain, along the journey, will give you general information including how to spend your
free time on Capri Island. Along the way you will admire: the ancient fishermen village of “Marina Grande”, the ruins of a roman villa near
“Bagni della Regina Giovanna”, her interesting attractions along the coast. Arrival to Capri and tour of the island by boat with the possibility
to admire the Marvellous Grotto, the White Grotto, the Green Grotto; along the way you will admire the Natural Arch, the Villa Curzio
Malaparte, the Faraglioni rocks and the Lighthouse of Punta Carena. Disembark at Marina Grande in Capri with 5/6 hours free time to visit
the island. Comfortable shoes, cameras. Dinner and overnight in Sorrento Area.
Day 7 - TRAIN TO TAORMINA (OVERNIGHT IN TAORMINA AREA)
Breakfast in hotel, group transfer to the train station and departure to Taormina. Transfer to the hotel in Taormina area. Dinner and
Day 8 - ETNA (INCLUDED)
Breakfast in the hotel and departure with the tour escort to the Mt. Etna, the highest peak of Sicily and the most active volcano in Europe.
The territory surrounding the volcano constitutes the “Park of Etna”, one of the largest protected areas in Italy: You will be astonished about
the great variety of vegetation and landscapes that we will meet along the way before arriving at the “Silvestri Craters” (about 1.900 mt).
From here on you will have the optional excursion by jeep and cableway (extra cost). After having tasted some local Sicilian speciality come
back in hotel. Dinner (if booked) and overnight.
Day 9 - SYRACUSE (INCLUDED)
Breakfast in the hotel and departure to Syracuse, one of the most interesting archaeological sites of the island with its Archeological Park,
the Roman Amphitheatre, the Greek Theatre, the Ear of Dionysus, the Cave of the Cordari, Island of Ortigia, the most ancient nucleus of the
city with its stunning cathedral. Entrance fees are not included. Re-entry in hotel in the late afternoon. Dinner and overnight.
Day 10 - CATANIA AIRPORT AND DEPARTURE
Breakfast in the hotel, group transfer to airport and end of our services, or possibility to continue to Palermo or to Naples/Rome.
• Tours are guaranteed with a minimum number of 2 passengers;
• The hotels shown in the programs may be replaced by others of the same category;
• It is advisable to book optional excursions when booking
• Some trips could be a combination of our multiple tours. You should expect some group members to join or leave the tour
between tour segments.
• We try to carry out the tour as in the programs but a change in emergency or bad weather conditions could be possible with alternative
• The tour programs could undergo variations, with respect to what has been published, for reasons of technical or logistical orders, without
however substantial changes to the program itself.
• We are entitled to change the itinerary of the excursion if it considers it appropriate or due to force majeure.
• We are not responsible for accidents, delays, damage or loss of luggage or personal belongings, nor for damages caused by third
parties or others like floods, storms, landslides, earthquakes, political unrest, epidemy, terrorists attacks, strike.
• Cancellations up to 15 days before departure with full refund.
• Cancellations from 14 to 8 days before departure, penalty of 30%
• Cancellations from 7 to 4 days before departure, penalty of 50%
• In case of cancellation within 3 days before departure, penalty of 100%
• There will be no refund for no shows or voluntary interruption of an already started trip
• In order to skip the queues in the museums or in the archeological parks we need to make the reservation in advance: Pre-bookings of
entrance tickets are mandatory on the first day of the tour.
• Tickets are non-refundable
No Review Available