Sicily Sun Tour
- 8 days s
Hotel & Excursions Package – 7 nights – Sunday arrivals
8 days s
- 7 Overnights with breakfast in 4* hotels and 4* PREMIUM
- 7 dinners only in 4* hotel
- Excursions “Etna” and “Syracuse” by traditional or open bus
- Tour leader or multilingual pre-recorded commentary
- Multilingual local guides at Valley of Temples, Palermo and Monreale and Erice & Marsala
- Tasting sicilian products where mentioned
- City taxes
- Lunches and all the drinks at meals
- Porterages and personal expenses
- Tips to the guide and driver (optional)
- Entrance fees to monuments and archaeological sites
- Headphones on request € 3,00 per day
- Everything is not mentioned in “the rate includes”
- Transfers from Catania airport to hotel and back: • Group transfer € 50 for r/t p.p. (max waiting time 2 hours) • Private transfer € 95 per car 1-3 pax per way
Day 1 - SUNDAY: TAORMINA AREA
Arrive at Catania Airport. After having collected your luggage, optional group transfer to the hotel. On this day there are no planned
activities, the rooms will be ready after 14:00 and enjoy the city. At the hotel you will find the program. Dinner and overnight.
Day 2 - MONDAY: ETNA
Breakfast in the hotel and departure with the tour escort to the Mt. Etna, the highest peak of Sicily and the most active volcano in Europe.
The territory surrounding the volcano constitutes the “Park of Etna”, one of the largest protected areas in Italy: You will be astonished
about the great variety of vegetation and landscapes that we will meet along the way before arriving at the “Silvestri Craters” (about 1.900
mt). From here on you will have the optional excursion by jeep and cableway (extra cost). After having tasted some local Sicilian speciality
come back in hotel. Dinner (if booked) and overnight.
Day 3 - TUESDAY: SYRACUSE
Breakfast in the hotel and departure to Syracuse, one of the most interesting archaeological sites of the island with its Archeological Park
(extra cost) the Roman Amphitheatre, the Greek Theatre, the Ear of Dionysus, the Cave of the Cordari, Island of Ortigia, the most ancient
nucleus of the city with its stunning cathedral. Re-entry in hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4 - WEDNESDAY: AGRIGENTO
Breakfast in the hotel. Meeting with tour escort and departure to Agrigento where you will visit the Temples’ Valley, including the Temple of
Juno, the Temple of Concorde (one of the best preserved Doric temples in the whole Greek world), the Temple of Hercules, the Temple of
Castor and Pollux. Dinner and overnight in Palermo.
Day 5 - THURSDAY: ERICE, RISERVA DELLO STAGNONE & MARSALA WITH WINE TASTING
Breakfast in the hotel. Departure to Erice, the medieval town on the summit of Monte San Giuliano. Here you can admire the Norman Castle
(exterior) and the Cathedral. In the meantime you will have a stop at a confectionery to taste the typical almond pastry of Erice. On to Marsala
and Stop in The Riserva dello Stagnone, a magical place, with a striking natural landscape of rare beauty for its white salt pans with windmills.
On to Marsala famous for the production of wine and visit a winery with wine tasting. Re-entry in hotel in late afternoon. Dinner and
overnight in Palermo.
Day 6 - FRIDAY: HIGHLIGHTS OF PALERMO & MONREALE
Breakfast in the hotel. In the morning visit of Palermo starting from Teatro Massimo (from outside) continue the walk through the famous 'u
Capo' local market and taste some Sicilian specialities as Arancina or drink the famous 'AUTISTA" ‘explosive' lemonade. Arrive at the Cathedral.
Inside the Cathedral are several precious works of art, such as the altar of the crucifix where the suffering of Christ is celebrated. Also among
the treasures is the 17th century ciborium decorated with lapis lazuli. In the Treasury rooms there are paraments, sacred silverware, and other
furnishings. Walk to “I Quattro canti”. Continue to Monreale, a lovely town on the slopes of Monte Caputo overlooking Palermo. Monreale was
named for the once numerous citrus orchards that dotted the fertile La Conca d’Oro valley below. Walk with your guide to Monreale
Cathedral, considered one of the finest Norman constructions in the world. During the tour we will have a tasting of “arancina”. Drive to
Letojannni, dinner and overnight.
Day 7 - SATURDAY: “TAORMINA COAST TO COAST BY BOAT” or DAILY TICKET HOP ON HOP OFF TAORMINA (OPTIONAL)
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you are free to relax and explore the city or go for a swim on the beach or have an optional excursion by boat
“TAORMINA COAST TO COAST BY BOAT” (*). On this tour you will discover the natural beauty of the coastline Giardini/Naxos – Taormina. The
meeting will be at the port of Giardini Naxos. You will start the tour in a comfortable characteristic boat (max. 12 persons), to explore the
Ionian Coast. From here you’ll have a fantastic view of mount. Etna and its area’s most breathtaking sights. On the way you can discover caves,
including the visit of the well known “Grotta Azzurra” (due to weather conditions and currents), rock formations and the beautiful Nature
Reserve of Isola Bella. Or you can have a daily Hop on Hop off ticket! Dinner and overnight.
(*) Pickup/end of the excursion in Giardini Naxos Port – The excursion is subjected to reconfirm according to weather conditions
Day 8 - SUNDAY: DEPARTURE AND ARRIVEDERCI!
Breakfast in the hotel. Check out at 10:00; Optional group transfer to Catania airport. Grazie and arrivederci!
• Tours are guaranteed with a minimum number of 2 passengers;
• The hotels shown in the programs may be replaced by others of the same category;
• It is advisable to book optional excursions when booking
• Some trips could be a combination of multiple Norma Vacanze tours. You should expect somegroup members to join or leave the tour
between tour segments.
• We try to carry out the tour as in the programs but a change in emergency or bad weather conditions could be possible with alternative
• The tour programs could undergo variations, with respect to what has been published, for reasons of technical or logistical orders, without
however substantial changes to the program itself.
• Norma Vacanze is entitled to change the itinerary of the excursion if it considers it appropriate or due to force majeure.
• Norma Vacanze is not responsible for accidents, delays, damage or loss of luggage or personal belongings, nor for damages caused by third
parties or others like floods, storms, landslides, earthquakes, political unrest, epidemy, terrorists attacks, strike.
• Cancellations up to 15 days before departure with full refund.
• Cancellations from 14 to 8 days before departure, penalty of 30%
• Cancellations from 7 to 4 days before departure, penalty of 50%
• In case of cancellation within 3 days before departure, penalty of 100%
• There will be no refund for no shows or voluntary interruption of an already started trip
No Review Available