The Magnificent Florence
- 4 days s
Hotel & Excursions Package – 3 nights – daily arrivals
4 days s
- 3 nights on BB basis in double room in hotel 3* in Florence
- 1 excursion FD “Tuscany in a day”
- City taxes € 4,90 p.p.p.n. (must to be paid on spot)
- Lunches and all the drinks at meals
- Porterages and personal expenses
- Tips to the guide and driver (optional)
- Optional excursions
- Optional transfers
- Headphones on request € 3,00 per day
- Entrance fees to monuments and archaeological sites
- Anything not expressly indicated in “the rate includes”
Day 1 - FLORENCE – WALKING GUIDED TOUR WITH UFFIZI GALLERY (OPTIONAL) (OVERNIGHT IN FLORENCE)
Arrive at Florence/Pisa airport/train station. Optional transfer to the hotel in Florence. Today you will dive into the well-largest art capital of
the world. One third of all art treasures of Italy is located in the Tuscan capital. Santa Croce, the largest Franciscan church in Italy, is considered
the burial of important Italian personalities from history, art and literature. Equally impressive is the Palazzo Vecchio in Piazza della Signoria
with the replica of David by Michelangelo. Additional points of interest include, without limitation the octagonal the patron saint of Florence
Baptistery dedicated to San Giovanni and the Palazzo Medici-Riccardi, the first palace of the early Renaissance in Florence.
The Ponte Vecchio is one of Florence’s landmarks and probably the most photographed bridge in the city. The most famous bridge of them all
was built at the narrowest part of the Arno. It’s distinguished as being the only remaining bridge to have houses and shops on it. In part this is
because something important was built on top of those: the Vasari Corridor. This secret passageway built by Vasari for Duke Cosimo I de’
Medici in 1565 links the Palazzo Vecchio to the Pitti Palace. In 1593, the jewelry stores that tourists so love were brought to the bridge on
command of Ferdinando, the Medici heir who thought that the previous tenants – butchers – smelled too bad in his corridor.
During WWII, the treasures of the Uffizi gallery were stored in the Corridor. Hitler had been on a tour of it at the start of the war, and perhaps
because of this, the Ponte Vecchio was the only bridge spared bombing during the German retreat of August 1944.
Take the time to visit one of the Food markets in central florence: There are two closed markets one is San Lorenzo’s (the largest and oldest) –
the other Sant’Ambrogio. Here you’ll get the chance to live the real florentine feel… you will smell, see and touch the freshest products and
above all you will get to taste whatever catches your attention!
Highly recommended would be of course the visit to the Uffizi Gallery, the world-famous art gallery with paintings of the European Paintings
of the 13th / 18th centuries. Overnight in Florence.
Day 2 - FLORENCE – CATHEDRAL GUIDED TOUR (OPTIONAL) (OVERNIGHT IN FLORENCE)
Breakfast in Hotel. Day free or Optional excursion of Florence.
Optional Excursion: “CATHEDRAL GUIDED TOUR”. Highly recommended to climbe the Florence’s Duomo, with the huge cupola by Filippo
Brunelleschi, is one of the most breathtaking experience you can do in the center of Florence. From there you can dominate the whole city and
have an unique view. But, beware! The steps to get on top are 463, pretty challenging even for the trained ones! Overnight in Florence.
Day 3 - TUSCANY IN A DAY (INCLUDED) (OVERNIGHT IN FLORENCE)
Breakfast in Hotel. Full Day Excursion “Tuscany in a Day” with expert English or Italian speaking Tour Leader to visit Pisa, San Gimignano,
guided walking tour of Siena with lunch in Piazza del Campo, Wine tasting in a winery immersed in the Chianti Area.
Day 4 - DEPARTURE and “ARRIVEDERCI”
Breakfast in hotel. Group transfer to the airport/rail station and end of our services. Grazie e arrivederci!
• Tours are guaranteed with a minimum number of 2 passengers;
• The hotels shown in the programs may be replaced by others of the same category;
• It is advisable to book optional excursions when booking
• Some trips could be a combination of multiple Norma Vacanze tours. You should expect somegroup members to join or leave the tour
between tour segments.
• We try to carry out the tour as in the programs but a change in emergency or bad weather conditions could be possible with alternative
• The tour programs could undergo variations, with respect to what has been published, for reasons of technical or logistical orders, without
however substantial changes to the program itself.
• Norma Vacanze is entitled to change the itinerary of the excursion if it considers it appropriate or due to force majeure.
• Norma Vacanze is not responsible for accidents, delays, damage or loss of luggage or personal belongings, nor for damages caused by third
parties or others like floods, storms, landslides, earthquakes, political unrest, epidemy, terrorists attacks, strike.
• Cancellations up to 15 days before departure with full refund.
• Cancellations from 14 to 8 days before departure, penalty of 30%
• Cancellations from 7 to 4 days before departure, penalty of 50%
• In case of cancellation within 3 days before departure, penalty of 100%
• There will be no refund for no shows or voluntary interruption of an already started trip
• In order to skip the queues in the museums or in the archeological parks we need to make the reservation in advance: Pre-bookings of
entrance tickets are mandatory on the first day of the tour.
• Tickets are non-refundable
No Review Available